Subject: FW: State of Europe high-level roundtable - Brussels, 7 November 2024
From: "Thomas Van Vynckt" <[email-masked]>
To: "Liisa-Ly Pakosta"
Cc: "Justiitsministeerium", "JM Avalike suhete talitus"
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 13:16:31 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Minister Pakosta,

On behalf of Friends of Europe, I would like to congratulate you for your 
confirmation as Estonian Minister for Justice and Digitalisation. We wish 
you the very best in your role and look forward to your leadership, both 
nationally and at the European level, to better our common future.

In light for your recent change of responsibilities and your earlier 
intention to join our President’s Gala Dinner and State of Europe high-level 
roundtable this coming 6-7 November in Brussels, allow me to enquire the 
following. Indeed, are you still able to join us for this pan-European 
brainstorm and if so, would you agree to play a leading role and to speak in 
one of our high-level policy sessions?

It would be our utmost honour and delight to host you. Indeed, we would be 
delighted to provide you with our pan-European platform for you speak during 
our high-level policy session on the European digital transformation. Early 
in your mandate, and as we are about to embark on a new European 
institutional cycle, this opportunity would allow you to lay out your vision 
for your role in Estonia and Estonia’s role in Europe.

Please find our programme attached. In the event that you are still able to 
join us in Brussels in Brussels, I would be delighted to speak with your 
cabinet to arrange such an engagement.

With two more months to go until the roundtable, we have very good reasons 
to expect another successful pan-European brainstorm. I am delighted to 
share that high-level representatives currently confirmed to join us include 
45 current and former Members of the European Parliament; 30 Members of 
national Parliaments from 17 European countries (UK included); 12 
Ambassadors from Missions and Permanent Representations to the EU; and 11 
national and local government representatives. Please find some specific 
names below and additional names 
<https://www.friendsofeurope.org/events/voices-choices-and-leadership-a-tipping-point-for-europe/> 
on our web page:

*	Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bak, Polish Minister for Family, Labour and Social 
Policy.
*	Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, former NATO Secretary General and Chair of the 
Clingendael
*	Frank Elderson, Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank 
(ECB)
*	Valeriya Ionan, Ukrainian Deputy Minister for Euro-integration at the 
Ministry of Digital Transformation.
*	Bogdan-Gruia Ivan, Romanian Minister for research, innovation, and 
digitalisation.
*	Rui Moreira, Mayor of Porto, Portugal
*	Ruxandra Ivan, EU Affairs State Counsellor in the Office of the Prime 
Minister of Romania
*	Karien van Gennip, former Dutch Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for 
Social Affairs and Employment.
*	Vlad Vasile Voiculescu, Member of the European Parliament and former 
Health Minister of Romania
*	Margrethe Vestager, European Commission Executive Vice-President for a 
Europe Fit for the Digital Age (subject final confirmation).
*	Sinead Walsh, Ireland Climate Envoy

I hope you find this information useful and do not hesitate to contact me 
for any further questions and comments. You have both my number 
(+32.479.39.40.68) and email address which you can use for contacting me.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Van Vynckt (he/him)Acting Head, Flagship Initiatives and Operational Oversight
Friends of Europe ‑ Connect. Debate. Change.

​The think tank for a more inclusive, sustainable and forward‑looking Europe

Transparency register 99436366768‑45

 <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked] de Meeûs 5‑6
	, 	B‑1000 Brussels

 <https://twitter.com/FriendsofEurope>
 <https://www.linkedin.com/company/friends-of-europe/>
 <https://www.instagram.com/friendsofeurope/>
 <http://www.friendsofeurope.org/>